Our mission is to provide holistic, loving, professional, free community and Hospice based respite, overnight and end of life care for special needs children with life threatening illness and or life limiting conditions in the Western Cape. We also provide holistic support for their families. We train our care team to a high standard and continually strive to train parents on ways to improve their child’s quality of life. We promote the concept that every life is a gift and valuable, that children belong at home in a loving, supported environment NOT institutions.
Support Services Provided:
- Practical support to parents (provision of nappies, food hampers etc)
- Sibling events
- Parental training
- First Aid training
- Loan of essential equipment
- Dental treatment
- Professional medical advise
- Bereavement support
- Spiritual support
- Psychological support
Values and beliefs:
To be a responsive and innovative organisation that puts life limited and life threatened children, young people and their families first in all of our services, whilst embracing the diversity of our regional community and demonstrating integrity in everything we do.
We believe that:
- Every child is worthy of love, care and to feel safe, wanted and affirmed throughout their lifetime.
- Every child should be given the opportunities and help to achieve their full potential.
- Every family has the right to regular respite “relief” care.
- Families of special needs children should be empowered to improve their lives and that of their child.
- Every child should grow up in the most homely enviroment possible.
- Special needs children should not be discriminated against or segregated
- Every dying baby or child should be loved and cherished and die loved and with dignity.