Care Team Members - Volunteers
Iris House is currently recruiting Carers. The carer's role is to provide support for parents in caring for their child and to assume responsibility of care for the duration of a care session.
The candidate should enjoy working with children, a background check WILL be performed on all applicants, previous care experience would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given by Iris House.
In accordance with the Iris House Care Plan their role will be to:
- assist the family in managing the specific health needs of each child.
- assist in the social and emotional development of the child.
Should you be interested in joining us please contact email@example.com or 021 5590800
Care Team Manager
. Experience, qualifications and training
• Relevant qualifications in accordance with Child Care
• Current First Aid certificate
• Certificate or qualification in business management desirable or be willing to undertake recognised training business management
4. Position Objectives
• Ensure the leadership, management and delivery of quality Care programs based on the needs of the families using the services of Iris House
• Ensure that the Iris House service’s philosophy, policies and procedures are implemented
• Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained
• Supervise the provision of quality care that meets the individual and group needs of children
• Ensure that the day to day operational, human resource and management of the care team is carried out
• Develop continual learning practices to increase care team and own professional knowledge
5. Requirements of the Job
Key Areas - Skills
• Demonstrate highly developed oral communication skills
• Demonstrate a high standard of literacy and written communication skills including submission writing
• Demonstrate effective leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills
• Oversee the development, implementation and on-going evaluation of the care team members
• Work within Legislation to ensure service provision is equitable.
• Provide professional development opportunities for staff
• Oversee and direct staff teams, volunteers, trainees and students on placement
• Ability to liaise effectively with a range of relevant authorities and organisations
• Ability to work within budgets
• Ability to deal calmly and effectively with a number of urgent matters at once.
Key Areas – Knowledge
• knowledge of current child care practices
• knowledge of child development
• knowledge of child health including nutritional requirements, infectious diseases and Infection control
• knowledge of links to a wide range of health services and health professionals
• Sound knowledge of the administrative functions of the organisation
• Sound knowledge of reporting requirements and procedures relating to a child care centre
• Sound knowledge of the principles of special needs learning
• Sound knowledge of the policies, procedures and philosophy of the service
6. Responsibilities and duties
• Work within the Iris House service’s policies, procedures and philosophy
• Develop and maintain information systems
• Develop, implement and monitor the service’s Business Plan in consultation with staff and the operator/management.
• Undertake service reviews and evaluations.
• Plan and co-ordinate change in consultation with operator/ management, staff and families
• Plan and monitor staff development and training programs
• Initiate service policy/procedure review and develop new policies in consultation with the operator/management, staff and families.
R8000 per month
Closing Date for applications:
Should you wish to apply please send your CV and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org