Our +- 1 acre of grounds can comfortable accommodate 100 adults and 100 children. We have a variety of picnic and picnic bench style seating for up to 100 people. Ample secure parking, both inside and outside property. Multiple outdoor plug points for bouncy castles etc.Movable wooden umbrellas, braai facilitates. Two toilets with washbasin facilities. Picnic blankets for lawn areas. Outside Tap, Misting system in sensory garden. Sufficient dustbins, shells for water play and ample shade provided by our beautiful trees
Fun Sensory Garden – Kid Friendly with Misting System for hot days. Outdoor play area with a variety of climbing equipment, swings and slide, indoor play area. Two sandpits, two trampolines, skate boards, mini beach, kiddies scooters, holla hoops and bicycles. Volley Ball Net. (erected on request)
Our Farm Animals
Meet Shaun the sheep and his partner Sheila, or feed our silky chickens (feed provided) Interact with our two friendly therapy horses, Diva and Viltalgo. Pony rides can be provided (additional cost per child) Riding hats and mounting block provided.
Iris House Children’s Hospice provides free quality respite care to special needs children and support for their families. Experience for yourself the peace and tranquility of our +- one acre of beautifully maintained lawns and play areas. By selecting Iris House as your venue for your child’s next party you are not only providing a fantastic day out for you and your guest’s but also supporting the work that we do.
Booking our venue you have various packages to choose from:
- Self Catering – bring your own picnics, braai and entertainment (please note no alcohol is allowed on the premises)
- Book our therapy horses for in hand pony rides
- Book our DJ
- Book our face painter, jumping castle, balloon twister, magician or Father Christmas
- Upscale your event to a whole new level by booking our amazing event planner Kerrith from Boutique styling to take care of all event requirements including decor, theme and catering.
- Book our professional event photographer to capture all those special moments
Come Visit Us
Prior to you booking your event, you are very welcome to come to the grounds to visit us and experience for yourself our relaxed farm like atmosphere. However we are a working Hospice so we ask that you please make a booking with us to ensure we have one of our team are available to show you around and answer any questions you may have.